What is Modern Sex Therapy Institutes?
Modern Sex Therapy Institutes seek to provide educators, counselors, and therapists with quality, comprehensive sexual health education to better serve the needs of their clients. Professionals may choose to enroll in our program to expand their competency or to become certified sexuality educator, counselor or therapist.
We offer flexible training options for busy professionals with various locations and methods of participation. Our workshops are available in 5 cities (West Palm Beach, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and Washington DC), via webinar from the comfort of your own home, or via video recording through our state of the art educational learning software.
Workshops can be purchased individually for those who are interested in a specific topic or need Continuing Education credits (CEs) for licensure or certification renewal. There are also several package options for those seeking certification in sex therapy. Our program meets all the educational and supervision requirements, as outlined by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT), as well as Florida’s sex therapy title prerequisites.
How is Modern Sex Therapy Institutes different than other programs?
We know you have a lot of options for continuing education workshops and sex therapy certification programs. It is important you find a program that is right for you. Here are some of the many benefits and features of our program:
- Flexibility: Our program is adaptable to your schedule, learning style, and interests. We offer several different locations to attend workshops, as well as, synchronous and asynchronous learning options.
- Customization: Because we have several Institutes running consecutively, as well as our online platforms, we can work with you to develop a training schedule that best fits your interests and goals as a sexuality professional.
- Diverse perspectives: Our institutes boast three seasoned supervisors with different specializations to ensure your supervision is comprehensive and effective in broadening your clinical perspective and addressing your clients’ needs.
- Expertise: Learn from the leading experts around the country.
- Innovative Training Options: Our online educational platform is unmatched! Found in many universities around the world, this platform gives you access to archived workshops including speaker videos, handouts, and readings.
- Payment Plans: We are committed to helping students and professionals achieve their goals. We offer several flexible payment options for professionals and students.
- Guidance: Certification can be a daunting process but we can help. Our directors work with you to ensure you meet all education and supervision requirements for certification, provide you with the necessary documentation, and guide you through the application process.
Who should take our courses?
Anyone wanting to learn more about sex and sexuality! The certifications are reserved for mental health professionals, students, interns, current sex therapists, counselors, medical professionals, clergy, educators, or others in a sexuality related field.
How do I get my certification and how long does it take?
Those seeking Florida sex therapy certification, will be given a certificate which allows you to use the protected title of Certified Sex Therapist upon completion of the program which typically takes 1 year.
For those interested in AASECT certification, we complete the educational section and supervisor form of your AASECT application reflecting the courses and hours you completed with us. Additionally, you receive a certificate of completion for the 150 educational hours.
An additional AASECT requirement is a Sexual Attitude Reassessment or SAR. Our SARs are offered 1-2 times a year, in various locations for an additional fee. Please inquire if you are interested in completing this experiential workshop. Lastly, you complete the AASECT application and submit it to AASECT for approval and certification. We will be here to support you throughout the process.
The length of the educational training is flexible and can be completed, as you are able. There are no time limits. However, AASECT requires that you are under supervision for a minimum of 18 months, and as such, you cannot apply for certification until this requirement is completed. This means at minimum, certification will take 18 months.
What about CEs?
Modern Sex Therapy Institutes is approved by the American Psychological Association, (APA), American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT), the Florida Board of Psychology, and the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling to sponsor continuing education. Most states accept our courses for CEs due to our APA providership. You can earn CEs for participating in our workshops live or online. Every hour attending a live workshop, webinar, or video recording, will equal one CE credit. Full Institute professionals will receive one certificate for all courses completed at the end of their training. Those purchasing single or weekend workshops receive a certificate with the number of CE hours earned
How do I sign up?
It’s easy! You can either call or email Dr. Rachel Needle directly, at 561-262-4723, email@example.com, or simply click on the Online Registration tab and select the type of workshop or plan you are interested in. You can choose whole day or half day workshops, as well as purchase a full or partial institute program. If you register online, you will receive a follow-up phone call and/or email within 24 hours with additional details.
Full institute registrants seeking supervision will then need to provide us with the following:
- License (if applicable)
- Liability Insurance
- Proof of AASECT Membership
Once we receive this information, we send you a contract for supervision to sign. This contract and the above documents will be sent to AASECT for approval. After approval is granted, your supervision will begin.
How much does it cost?
1 full day workshop: $240
2 full day workshops: $450
½ day workshop: $140
Full weekend (20 hours of education): $550
For those seeking AASECT Certification:
FULL INSTITUTE: 150 hours of education AND 50 hours of supervision: $8250
150 hours of education (no supervision): $4500
FULL INSTITUTE: (120hrs, 20hrs supervision): $5,500
Meets Florida masters level (LCSW, LMFT, LMHC) requirements
FULL INSTITUTE: (150hrs, 20hrs supervision): $6,000
Meets Florida doctorate level (Ph.D., Psy.D.) requirements
For the full program of 150 hours of education AND 50 hours of supervision you can make payment over 12 months or 18 months.
12 month payment plan for the full institute: $720/month for 12 months
18 month payment plan for the full institute: $500/month for 18 months